Top Tips for Keeping Safe on the Internet
Ask permission before using the internet.
- Be polite and friendly.
- Only use websites you have agreed with your parents or use a child friendly search engine.
- Only email people you know, or check with a parent first.
- Emails from strangers should be opened with your parents.
- Only use a webcam with people you know.
- Never give out your home address or phone number.
- Use a nickname when playing games on the internet (nicknames are more fun anyway!).
- Don’t arrange to meet people for real that you “met” on the internet unless your parents go with you.
- Don’t tell someone you don’t know where you go to school.
- Don’t use internet chat rooms.
Check out www.thinkuknow.co.uk for internet safety adventures and advice.
www.thinkuknow.co.uk Ages 5-7
www.thinkuknow.co.uk Ages 8-10
www.thinkuknow.co.uk Ages 11-13
www.thinkuknow.co.uk Ages 14+